Yanceyville, NC, September 2018 – Caswell Family Medical Center has achieved the highest level recognition with Blue Cross Blue Shield’s (BCBS) Blue Quality Physician Program (BQPP).
The BQPP offered by BCBS is an incentive program for independent primary care centers like CFMC that provide high-quality, low-cost, and patient-centered care for Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC members. In order to be approved for BQPP, a center must be a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC). CFMC has been recognized by the NCQA as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
The program aims at improving the care and quality of BCBS members, so partnering with Primary Care practices like CFMC makes sense to help accomplish that goal. Some of the components that the BQPP is comprised of are:
- Recognize and reward practices that are committed to providing patient-centered, high-quality care that is affordable
- Improving the experience of BCBS members
- Practice applicants are scored on elements such as Quality, Cost, Access, and Provider Education
- The program evolves each year for accountability
- The program supports independent Primary Care practices with a focus on improving overall care for BCBS members
The BQPP program has been formulated to provide practices like CFMC with the tools necessary to succeed each year. CFMC has been given the opportunity to take part in many benefits this program has to offer, including:
- Enhanced reimbursement fee schedule after the BQPP application has been approved
- Annual renewal to maintain status (if approved)
- Pulse8 education provided to CFMC
- BCBS NC quality consultants provided to CFMC
- Deeper insights into practice performance obtained through quality and cost reports
Caswell Family Medical Center is proud to be regarded as an independent primary care practice for improving quality care for our community and lowering the cost of care.