Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants (APP’s) at CFMC deliver a full range of ambulatory primary care services, including diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness in all age groups, preventative and well child care, minor surgical procedures, and occasional medical emergencies. They provide coverage during operating hours and by telephone after hours, perform administrative tasks, participate in quality improvement activities and provide community service.
- Completed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program
- Certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Nurses Credentialing Center or National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- North Carolina license to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (active and unrestricted)
- Controlled Substance Registration without restrictions from the Drug Enforcement Administration (“DEA certificate”)
- BLS/ACLS/PALS – as applicable to the APP’s scope and clinical privileges