Date: April 7, 2017
Location: CFMC Conference Room
Registration Deadline: April 6, 2017
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Other licensed healthcare professionals; Adults - Anyone that would like to increase their knowledge on issues related to Advance Care Directives
Hospice and Palliative Care Center of Alamance-Caswell
Guest Speaker: Shannon Pointer, MSN, RN
Friday, April 7th, 2017
2:00pm - 3:00pm
(1.0 Contact Hour)
You may be wondering: What is the importance of Advance Health Care Planning? What types of Advance Health Care Directive documents do my parents or I need?
This educational offering will define Advance Health Care Planning (ACP), explain the importance of Advance Health Care Directives (ACD), and review (ACD):
- A health care power of attorney (HCPOA)
- A advance directive for a natural death (LIVING WILL)
- A advance instruction for mental health treatment
- A declaration of an anatomical gift
- We will also review of other important health care medical order documents such as the DNR and MOST form.